Arriving by car
- via the A2 (from Berlin or Hannover), exit 70 "Magdeburg Zentrum" southbound onto "Magdeburger Ring" (E49/B189), exit "Universität" and join the B1 in eastern direction to "Universitätsplatz" (large roundabout), do not go through the tunnel.
- or via the A14 (from Halle / Leipzig), exit 105 "Magdeburg Sudenburg, Zentrum" northbound onto "Magdeburger Ring" (B81/E49/B71), exit "Universität" and join the B1 in eastern direction to "Universitätsplatz" (large roundabout), do not go through the tunnel.
- exit the roundabout to the north into "Gareisstraße"
- at the first traffic light turn right into "Henning-von-Tesckow-Str."
- the university campus is to the right
Arriving by train
Use the main exit of the main station, not the exit "Kölner Platz".
by public transport
- Line 1: get on at "City Carré / Hauptbahnhof", direction "Lerchenwuhne", 4 stops
- Line 8: get on at "Hauptbahnhof" (only until approx. 6 p.m.), direction "Neustädter See", 5 stops
- from the main exit of the main station, go straight to the entrance of the shopping center "City Carré"
- go through the "City Carré" and cross "Ernst-Reuter-Allee"
- walk along the "Ernst-Reuter-Allee" in east direction to "Breiter Weg"
- turn left into the pedestrian zone "Breiter Weg"
- walk along the pedestrian zone to the "Universitätsplatz"
- from there you can already see the glass main building (slightly to the right)
- departure: directly in front of the main exit of the main station
- destination: University, Building 13